[Mageia-marketing] Plan - stuff to do pre Beta 1 release

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:10:29 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 14:09, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:
> Yep - and the current one's not a lot better. Lots of opportunities
> are also being missed to put a communication-type wrapper around it
> that speaks about what kind of community we are  - must be fixed for
> Final, if not for Beta2.

Yes. But that requires a bit of balance too. Yes, we're still used to
do everything in a hurry and

>> I also concur with Patricia regarding what we refer to in technical
>> terms, a *Role Account*, for the dissemination of Press releases,
>> news articles, etc., for places like below...
>
> Role account; also advisory to the board on presenting Mageia outside
> the core community.

You can do it within the Council too.

> Can we have some server space and a CRM, and who do we ask for that?
> What I'd like to be able to tell new marcom people is: go to here
> <link>, use your Mageia ID to log in, have at it.

Ask sysadmin team but make sure to have your requirements ready first.
Or ask the web team to act as a bridge here, still with your specs.
Note that it does not mean that it will get done asap either - it
depends if we have someone ready for the job.

You can do that already on http://mageia.org/wiki/ .

> And: who's team leader for Artwork? I know Alex is doing a lot of the
> creative stuff, but we should feed stuff through the team leader -
> requests for artwork to go with writings, collaborate on
> posters/banners/whatever...

So far I'm the coordinator/lead for artwork, waiting for someone to
raise her hand in the team (and for the team to grow a bit more as
well).

Romain