[Mageia-marketing] Plan - stuff to do pre Beta 1 release

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Wed Apr 6 16:00:12 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm conflating here - sort of answering everyone at once.

> > - a wiki/sandbox area for marcomm writings, including
> > everything that is an official Mageia communication to the world
>
> There my answer was: the existing wiki. It is temporarily but it has
> been said over and over again that the contents will be transferred
> when the final wiki is ready. I do not understand what is so
> unacceptable here.

For sandboxing, maybe the wiki is okay; let us think on and discuss
what exactly we need. If we can do it there, we'll set it up start of
next week.

I take it anyone with a login can set up new pages on the wiki okay -
I haven't tried.

> > - a CRM setup to
> >        - collect and collate all marketing/comms contacts
> >        - track all the contacts made, info sent out, press
> > releases issued...
> >
> > Now - do we go to Sysadmin for this? Who can we ask for assistance
> > with design? Who can we ask for assistance with tweaking if it
> > isn't quite right first up?
>
> As Romain already explained and has been done by everybody else in
> need of something: ask the sysadmin team. They are in charge for
> this, they can (and they did) evaluate, discuss and implement what
> the teams need (example: transifex for the translators).

Okay; this sounds good.

The things we need for marcomm are maybe a little different than for
packagers/makers/translators; I dunno what they need. So long as
Sysadmin can help us out with specs, it'll work.

Onward and upward!

Cheers,

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D