[Mageia-marketing] test days announce on the blog

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:49:49 CEST 2011

Hi there,

just notifying that Anne is going to push an announce for the test
days on the blog after a first proofread (copy below).

I suggest we create a blog account to Patricia so she can get a first
eye there and see how we can improve on the copy/publishing process in
the coming weeks up to the finale release - Patricia, could you mail
me what email address you would prefer for this account?

"Mageia 1 beta 1 is just out and it's now time for tests. Let's
improve quality of our favorite distro!

2 test days are organized on 11th and 12th of April, focused on beta 1
ISOs and following targets:

 - list of included softwares in ISOs and repositories: file a bug if
you see one missing and explain why we should add it;
 - upgrade from Mandriva Linux 2010.1 and 2010.2: our target is to
have easy upgrade for final release. Tests are really important.
Please have a look on the upgrade test page;
 - hardware detection: test your hardware configuration and report any
bugs on it;
 - installation process: use beta 1 ISOs to test Mageia installer
following test process;
 - asian locales and localisation in general.

You will find all needed help on various Mageia media:
 * development mailing-list;
 * IRC: #mageia-dev on Freenode server;
 * Mageia forums."

Romain