[Mageia-marketing] test days announce on the blog

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Fri Apr 8 00:39:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

> just notifying that Anne is going to push an announce for the test
> days on the blog after a first proofread (copy below).
>
> I suggest we create a blog account to Patricia so she can get a first
> eye there and see how we can improve on the copy/publishing process in
> the coming weeks up to the finale release - Patricia, could you mail
> me what email address you would prefer for this account?

Great. This email is fine, thanks Romain.

Fast proofread (second time around, grrr hotel wifi), no
marketing/comms slant - just idiom and usage checking:

-----

> "Mageia 1 beta 1 is just out and it's now time for tests. Let's
> improve quality of our favorite distro!

Mageia 1 Beta 1 is just out, and now it´s time for testing. Let´s
improve the quality of our favourite distro!

> 2 test days are organized on 11th and 12th of April, focused on beta 1
> ISOs and following targets:

 - We´ve organised 2 testing days, on April 11th and 12th. We´re testing
the Beta 1 ISOs; please focus on these areas:

>  - list of included softwares in ISOs and repositories: file a bug if
> you see one missing and explain why we should add it;

 - The list of software packages included in the ISOs and the
repositories: please file a bug report if you notice that a package is
missing, and include an explanation of why we should include it;

>  - upgrade from Mandriva Linux 2010.1 and 2010.2: our target is to
> have easy upgrade for final release. Tests are really important.
> Please have a look on the upgrade test page;

 - Upgrading from Mandriva Linux 2010.1 and 2010.2: we want to have an
   easy upgrade from these Mandriva releases to Mageia 1 Final Release,
   so these tests are really important. Please have a look on the
   upgrade test page (include link here) for more information;

>  - hardware detection: test your hardware configuration and report any
> bugs on it;

 - Hardware detection: please test your hardware configuration, and
   file a bug report for any problems you encounter;

>  - installation process: use beta 1 ISOs to test Mageia installer
> following test process;

 - The installation process: please test the Mageia installer from the
   Beta 1 ISOs and file a bug report for any problems you encounter;

>  - asian locales and localisation in general.

 - Asian locales, and localisation in general: please file a bug report
   for any problems you encounter with localisation.

> You will find all needed help on various Mageia media:
>  * development mailing-list;
>  * IRC: #mageia-dev on Freenode server;
>  * Mageia forums."

Help with testing and reporting bugs can be found here:

 * The development mailing list (include link here);
 * The #mageia-dev IRC channel on Freenode;
 * The Mageia Forums (include link here).

 -----

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

--