[Mageia-marketing] Mageia-marketing Digest, Vol 6, Issue 15

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 8 19:22:53 CEST 2011

2011/4/8 suikerstroop <suikerstroop at gmail.com>:
>> Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 01:05:42 +0200
>> From: Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org>
>>
>> This is really not the he best place for this report - the devel list
>> would be better. Nothing is going to happen as a result of
>> bugreports/wish lists sent to the marketing list.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --
>> Patricia Fraser
>
> How can I reach the devel list. I am not a developer. I am interested in
> good package selection. I am interested which packages will
> be selected in the standard installation. What will be the release cycle of
> Mageia. How long will the first stable release of Mageia be supported by
> updates.

These are all different questions. There are several options for you:

 - read or even subscribe to the mailing lists which are related (-dev
in this case), you will find a link to the mailing lists on our web
portal.

 - go to the Mageia forums http://forums.mageia.org (actually your
questions have already been asked there and answered as well)

> Further I like to know what kind of promotion material is available for the
> spread of Mageia. What kind of adds the Mageia marketing team is intended to
> place in magazines. What kind of atomosphere would Mageia like to show to
> people. Personally, I am thinking of the slogan: "Get inspired at Mageian
> way." Mageia should be something to inspire individual people and
> organisations.

This is surely something which will be discussed here and your ideas
and suggestions are welcome.

BTW: I like the proposed slogan, just correct the wording: "Get
inspired by the Mageian way" :)

--
wobo