[Mageia-marketing] community representation / 3 ideas

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:20:36 CEST 2011

Hi Patricia,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 21:56, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:
>>  * http://bonjourmageia.fr - goal is to show the regular activity or
>> people working in the project - it's a daily gallery: one day, one
>> focus on someone, something with an optional very short story and/or
>> link for further info - it's almost a meme here in France, and there
>> are certainly equivalents in other locales/places (see examples:
>> http://www.bonjourlechat.fr/ - http://www.bonjourponey.fr/ -
>> http://www.bonjourlechien.com/ and http://www.bonjourmozilla.fr/
>> that is of course more suited to what we had in mind. Status: not
>> set, needs daily photo updates, with at least one month planned in
>> advance, regular editorial maintainance expected, needs someone and
>> a go.
>
> I like this a lot. How do the contributions happen?

Ideally, there are 1/2 persons in charge of gathering/editing stuff.
So everything should go to these - we could automate (make a form to
help people submit stuff) but first, having the thing rolling would
help see the needs.

> Do we ask community members to write stuff up/provide photos?

Yes. And we can plan in advance/automate the publication when we have
enough of these*. The focus is primarily really on the picture and
short context presentation - but we may add some more if there's more
available (link to blog interview post, podcast, anything).

* counting founders, contributors, I think we can project at least for
80 days, provided we secure a photo for each. Counting donators or
potential news/events, we can project much more.

>>  * hugs.mageia.org - goal is to promote respect, friendship and fun
>> within the project - would any conversation turn not so well, this
>> would be the occasional, more friendly alternative - it's next to
>> absurd and sensible, that's the fun part of it - it's a very
>> short/small page, publishing a _random_ "free hugs"-like photo of
>> actual Mageia contributors - with of course the possibility to grow
>> the photos set. Status: not set, production mockup ready, very low
>> maintainance, just needs a go.
>
> Do you have any examples of what this might look like?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220925/Image%2049.png

I only have a Paddington photo set for now :-p but more to come expected.

Romain