[Mageia-marketing] Showcasing technology and people

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:58:22 CEST 2011

2011/4/18 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 17:39, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/4/18 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
>>> In the continuity of the WWC speech, ennael and I think it could be
>>> worth it to setup a series of posts in the blog about: [...]
>>
>> You have a great idea (the series of blog posts, showcasing Mageia's
>> benefits for several different groups). The blog page is surely one
>> way to post that series but blog posts are very short lived animals if
>> there is no central pointer to them. So far I agree.
>
> Cool :-p
>
>> But then again you hide that pointer away in some web page which
>> people will find only by chance. Even if this "bonjourmageia.fr" would
>> [...]
>
> I intend to do that on the blog first. Then advertise from anywhere
> relevant, of course - if it gets to volume or interesting enough, we
> may even later open dedicated sections in the website, to tweak the
> articles design even further (but that's really for later).

That is what I meant - this series is too good an idea to let it slip
away into the "ideas we may put into action some day but never will"
box. We should push this - IMHO it is one of the best marketing ideas
I read so far.

> bonjourmageia.fr is in no way meant to be the single entry point, but
> one among others, by accident - I noticed it in relation to my

Ah, I see, so it would be a rather sideways entry point. Good.

BTW: I am not so happy about the "bonjourmageia" idea being a
French-only thing. Putting up such a French-only thing would be the
same as if I said, let's do a "WillkommenMageia.de" for a start to let
people know the faces of Mageia. Or if we had started a French forum
first instead of an English forum. We should push international ideas
and sites first, if a local page will copy that or if a local group
will do a localisation, fine and welcome.

--
wobo