[Mageia-marketing] beta2 blog note

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Tue Apr 26 21:05:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

> we're still in a last-minute-hurry, here for a quick review, the
> blog post as projected for beta2: http://piratepad.net/i6UfwZgIcQ -
> will be pushed in the next few hours (if not less).
>
> I suggest we make it differently as soon as RC as a rehearsal for
> finale: we define the big lines together and adapt the message and
> we review/validate the text in advance (at least 2 days) so we can
> better sync and plan the spread of the news.

I've made just a few edits at this stage, for the English. We're
still talking to the Inner Circle[1] here - this announcement is fine
for this audience IMO. For Final, we might want to have something
more/else/additional. Comments on this notion welcome.

Any other comments on the post itself?

[1] Thinking about the audience as a set of concentric rings -
founders being the innermost point, the current devs/testers the
innermost circle, and additional audiences (hardcore/geeky users, out
to Joe and Jane Public) being circles at a greater distance from the
innermost point. (Nothing to stop people from moving from one circle
to another, either.)

Cheers!

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D