[Mageia-marketing] FOSDEM presentations draft plans

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Thu Feb 3 04:40:01 CET 2011

On 02/02/2011 02:14 PM, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> Hi Patricia,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 20:57, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:
>>> Still not very complete "Org focus" part.
>>
>> This is a pretty important part - it's the answer to the question
>> "why would I join this distro and not another one?"
>> [...]
>> This is the stuff that got all of *this* team excited, back when.
>> These values are why we're here, and willing to turn our hands to
>> things. The inclusive stuff. It kind of takes a back seat to the
>> technical stuff, most of the time, but a technical person can be
>> technical in *any* distro - there has to be something that sets us
>> apart
>
> Yes! Thanks for reminding this out. I'll merge with my notes and
> include this, expect an update (with draft slides hopefully) sometimes
> tomorrow afternoon.

I concur with this, and as a major geekster myself, admit that this is
not only something that completely escaped me, but the thing that makes
the difference in the marketplace.

Patricia's absolutely right. I can be a geek w/any distro, but we're
seeking adoption by the end users and how do we make it most attractive
for them?

Great point!