[Mageia-marketing] Communication about the alpha and the ISO 0 release

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:16:06 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 23:08, Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 01:00, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> So far, it looks like the regular updates, technical and
>> non-technical, on the blog, have been wonderfully received. So it's a
>> good sign to use this too.
>
> can you tell how many visits receive daily the english blog (and also the
> others if possible?)

We've got to automate these... and give more access to it directly. In
the meantime (warning, figures ahead!):

For the English blog:
 * daily peaks of 1,200 views
 * weekly between 8,000 and 4,000 on average
 * monthly views averages at 13,000 (peak at 20k in October)

French:
 * daily about 200 views (peaks at 300)
 * weekly about 1,500 views
 * monthly about 6,000

>From Analytics stats (on www only for now, but we may think it's
relative on other parts):
 * 49% of browsers have English in first language,
 * 16% in French,
 * 5.5% in German,
 * 5.3% in Spanish,
 * 4.2% in Russian,
 * 3.7% in Italian,
 * 2.3% in Portuguese,
 * that makes for ~75%

That does not account from the countries, actually, because, well...
 * France accounts for 24% of visits
 * US, 8.9
 * Germany, 7.4
 * Italy, 5.9
 * Spain, 5.2
 * Russia, 4.6
 * UK, 3.5
 * that makes for ~36%

So guess what? likely, browsers language prefs are not yet properly
configured everywhere and English has it. Anyway, maybe a bit too soon
to worry about this.

(I will extend these Analytics data fetching to wiki and blogs today,
note that this is mentioned in the privacy policy draft -
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=privacy_policy#current_situation
and we would discuss that further in a "metrics, figures and lies"
thread after alpha 1 release - if anyone can remind about this in
beginning of March?).

> PS= do we have a few artwork active members or is it only an impression of
> mine? nuhno pinheiro won't contribute anymore?

No idea. I guess he's busy/involved in something else at this time.

Cheers!

Romain