[Mageia-marketing] Meeting?

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sat Jan 8 06:13:31 CET 2011

Hi Graham:

Le 2011-01-07 16:22, Graham Lauder a écrit :
> On Saturday 08 January 2011 05:57:05 Romain d'Alverny wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> happy new year to everyone. I wish you all the best!
>>
>> This mail for four things:
>>   1. I guess there's not much activity in the marketing area; since
>> several weeks; what's your diagnostic about that?
>>   2. shall we hold an IRC meeting next week (if possible between 9:00
>> and 15:00 UTC) on irc.freenode.net/#mageia-marcom to:
>>     * know where we are (see 1.);
>>     * continue from there;
>>     * start discussing the website contents/editorial structure;
>>     * start thinking about the distribution release that will start
>> with a very technical alpha this month; (so that we can discuss this
>> too on -discuss);
>>     * think of the roadmap for this year for Mageia;
>>   3. we did not yet launch the communication team (willing contributors
>> here: http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=communication ); I wonder if
>> we wouldn't better merge both teams (marketing+communication) to have
>> those two especially in sync (as well as with an effort to sync with
>> artwork&  some web devs);
>>   4. who will be at FOSDEM in February? (5-6, in Brussels)
> Apologies all, my earlier positive claims about my return were rather
> premature and after weeks of Physio I am at last getting back the use of my
> hand.  My wife is restricting my computer time savagely because holding onto a
> mouse for any length of time results in my hand seizing up followed by 15
> minutes or so of painful stretching and exercises. It appears we don't repair
> as easily as we once did when we had fewer wrinkles and grey hairs.
>
> On the upside my physio recommended kneading dough as a good therapuetic
> exercise so I've become a dab hand at making bread, this week I'm moving on to
> pizza dough.
>
> The good news is that all of the above has been doing the deed and I'm well on
> the way to full recovery.  I'm now "allowed" three 30 minute stretches at the
> keyboard per day, a vast improvement since before xmas and I should be back to
> full function within a week or two and I shall start annoying everyone again.
>
> Cheers
> GL

Nice to hear from you again. I was wondering where you had disappeared
and thought that you had perhaps come into a vast amount of money and
decided to retire in the splendour of bliss somewhere on earth. Some
people actually equate the making of bread as this, so, in a way, you
are already there.

All the very best with your health and nice to have you back.

Cheers

Marc

--
Marc Paré