[Mageia-marketing] Consolidation of email list and forum mediums

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Mon Jan 24 21:35:39 CET 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

It really depends on the particular needs of any activity, yet I'm a big
proponent for the consolodation of many projects between email lists and
forums, as it relates to the preferences of the participants.

This provides a choice for the participant, native to their respective
comfort zones, without breaking either medium, and without forcing
someone to adopt one medium or the other in order to participate in the
discussions.

pls  see additional comments below...

On 01/24/2011 02:54 AM, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

> So, let's keep the mailing lists.
> Not to repeat a problem at Mandriva where forum people and ml people
> were almost 2 different worlds we will have to deal with a
> communication bridge between the forum people and the ml people - this
> may be a task for the forum moderator team (or others)

I can't speak to the web based infrastructure we're using at the moment,
or what we might do in that regard, however, here's a solution that has
worked well for me whenever I need such a merge between mediums.

http://drupal.org/node/40777

There are, of course, other methodologies. I would suggest that whatever
we decide upon, that it integrates seamlessly so that:

1.) mailing list posts end up in the forum

2.) forum posts end up on the mailing list

3.) we archive everything at one of the major email archive sites AS
WELL  as GMANE.

Hope that helps :)

Kindest regards,

- --