[Mageia-marketing] Consolidation of email list and forum mediums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 24 23:14:04 CET 2011

2011/1/24 Bradley D. Thornton <Bradley at northtech.us>:
> On 01/24/2011 01:04 PM, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>
>> There is already a list2forum gateway in place, created and maintained
>> by tux99
>> http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/
>
> Oh, sweet! He's using FudForum - one of my favs and  stable as all getup!
> Romain, don't you think we should have a link to the forum on the wiki page?

It is not a Mageia activity. I don't know...

> Yes, The last messages are from November, while other lists are as
> current as today.

The old messages are in a section of that forum, not related to the
lists, as much as I have seen.

> Also, as it is pointed out at the link above, One is still required to
> subscribe to the mailing list in order for their forum posts to
> propagate to the list.

Yes. We have a web gui where you can subscribe to the lists:
https://www.mageia.org/mailman/

> We need to make sure that we consolodate all of our marcom resources
> into a single pool of people instead of allowing it to splinter, based
> on the communications medium that someone prefers.

As you can see all these lists are platforms of contributors. The
forum will be mostly for userland but as we have seen at Mandriva we
need a bridge between these entities.

> I've built many of both, and I just don't have the problems w/FudForum
> that I do with PhpBB.

Again, your mileage may differ. I have been running phpBB3 with
MandrivaUser.de for a year now, no problems at all + it is easy to
customize + it plays nicely with LDAP, which is essential.

But I think the (technical) forum people can say more about this.

--
wobo