[Mageia-marketing] Consolidation of email list and forum mediums

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Tue Jan 25 04:44:50 CET 2011

On 01/24/2011 05:34 PM, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

> This gateway we are talking about is not a Mageia activity, as I said.
> The mailing list system is a Mageia activity. The relation between
> them was made by tux99, not by Mageia sysadmin group. So I can't say
> anything about that.

Okay I see what you were saying now :)

> Forums will be implemented as well (on forums.mageia.org), it will
> possibly turn out that they will mostly be used by users of Mageia to
> find support and get together. This is the usual way. So we will need
> such a gateway to the mailing lists, so that forum users are able to
> follow mailing list discussions and we will not have the same split
> between the 2 worlds as at Mandriva.

Yes this is what I was hoping would be the plan to implement.

> How easily people will find the forum is the webteam's task. It has to
> be found with one click from the place where visitors of Mageia start
> - the portal page of the Mageia website. Any place in the wiki would
> be not a good idea.

Oh yeah, that's right the Wiki says it's only temporary :)

> But I am not sure if we are talking about the same issues here.

I think so. The discussion was about providing a gateway between forums
and mail lists, although my original understanding was that wrt the
marcom group, there had been issues of splintering in the past as a
result of people's preferences for either one communications medium or
the other, until there were almost two distinct groups.

I feel it's a good idea to extend that gateway capability to the other
discussion groups as well, as you suggest.

- --
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer