[Mageia-marketing] Visibility, Spreading

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 19:00:35 CET 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:17, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> One essential part to promote something is "Keep it in the news" -
> which means "visibility" of the name.

> This is a task which needs the cooperation of several teams and people:
>
> 1. All teamleaders and board/council should continuously report about
> their work in the blog

Yes. We are going to have a Planet setup. We may set a rule as to what
goes where? (I'd leave the official blog to board/council and marcom
team as such; and owned blogs to everyone in their own name, to be
reported/linked to Mageia).

> 2. MarCom can create a regular newsletter, [...]

Yep. For that, we need to know who can lead this and what is needed
for everything to work (people, tools, legal requirements, style).

> 3. Local communities or members of the i18n language teams can contact
> the media (news sites, print magazines) in their languages
>  - keep those contacts alive by sending regular "news flashes"
>  - compile articles & reviews about Mageia and send them in to the editors
>
> 4. Major news & press releases [...]

> Whatever we do, we should do it together inside a system of cooperation
>  - a system of compiling and spreading is much more effective than
> single activities (which does not mean that such single activities
> should not occur besides the whole system).
>
> As a long time contributor in this field I remember that we had such a
> setup at Mandrakesoft (organized and maintained by Gaël Duval & Kadjo
> N'Doua, long time ago). It was good and we can do it as well (or
> better!).

Sounds great. Do you have a specific description of this setup, how it
would work? (roles, repositories, tools - those may be existing
webapps or providers as well).

Cheers,

Romain