[Mageia-marketing] Advertise Mageia in upstream websites
rda at mageia.org
Tue Jun 28 11:25:23 CEST 2011
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 09:58, Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net> wrote:
> There are upstream websites that explain how to install their software in
> various distributions. A simple way to help Mageia to be known would be to
> contact those upstream projects one by one
> Things will be better once we have Mageia App Db because then we will be able
> to point them at a permanent URL for their software, but maybe we could start
> already ?
> What do you think ?
Yes! For one given project, we need to:
1. have the software packaged,
2. contact the project website to notify them and have them tell about it:
- citing the distribution (Mageia) and using the logo,
- giving the process to install the softwarer (ideally, just
urpmi <software> or package manager => install => <software>) ?
3. a documented process in the wiki or elsewhere
4. people to do it
Or should something else/different be done?
More information about the Mageia-marketing