[Mageia-marketing] 2011/week 17 review

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri May 6 13:47:24 CEST 2011

2011/5/6 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:

>>> I'll get some from Damien next week (same FOSDEM series so far).
>>
>> The events are next week, so this is too late (for Berlin). :(
>
> I'm getting those on Monday - I will only bring them with me on
> Thursday, indeed.

Ok, so we will have them for the harvester days (Friday/saturday) :)

>>> Needs a design - are there templates for that? we could at least make
>>> a basic one with just the logo.
>>
>> Can we have that for next Wednesday?
>
> I think ennael is on this.

She sent it over already and I will change the short text line to
german, so we can use it in Berlin. I will also put it on the server
for our German users.
I think Anne will use it at Solutions Linux as well.

> Or too busy on other bits of the project or elsewhere. So that
> naturally leaves more room for discussions, indeed, instead of getting
> more things done and released.
>
> Maybe having a time plan layed out in a more practical way + assigned
> tasks (making it more visual/obvious to more people) could help a bit
> more.

At mandrivauser.de we write such things down in the wiki, assign
people to it (all of this very early) and then those people have to
get their tasks done when the time comes. This way there will be
(almost) no "last minute tasks".

I see the whole matter from both sides as well. The problem is:
Discussions about strategies and plans and elsewhere are essential, no
doubt. But it is also possible to prolongue such discussions past a
first deadline if needed. The simple practical and visible things can
not be postponed because they are bound to fixed schedules (such as
events and release dates).

--
wobo