[Mageia-marketing] List of arguments pro Mageia

Juergen Harms Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Fri May 6 17:47:54 CEST 2011

Evidently, I had thought about some items to go into such a list: there
is a short list at the end of this message - far from exhaustive and a
very personal view, seen from the kind of user I represent.

My items do not cover the ground, but the list should be kept short:
there is need to consider arguments to attract canditate users coming
from windows, maybe also the "hugging" aspect proposed by Romain, but I
do not feel competetent in that domain. Arguments should fit into some
kind of a "template".

I like the examples of graphical competence that pop up everywhere in
Mageia: if such a list is really implemented and is short, how about
adding a kind of line-drawing sketch to the presentation of each
argument (style: the bug that appears/appeared during the install
sequence) - that might help to take away the taste of "oh,
self-promotion" and make people laugh.

Apropos hugging aspect: I do not think that such a list should primarily
address emotional aspects, it should address the potential user who -
and that is at the intellectual level - realizes that there are
alternatives, and starts scratching his head.

--------------

Quality:
Mageia is promising to be as solid and perfect as Mandriva at the best
of its times (Mandriva heritage)

Language support:
Mageia wants to provide a box that perfectly "speaks" many languages -
its structure and its anchor in the user community have already now
produced excellent results (Mandriva heritage + enhancement)

Multi-profile support:
Mageia offers and maintains application that address the needs of a
large variety of user communities - with applications ranging from
game-playing and music-listening to scientific and engineering
applications (Mandriva heritage)

Leading-edge / stability equilibrium:
<text needed to go in here - delicate, it touches the rolling release
discussion>

User <-> maintainer interaction:
<text needed to go in here> (Mageia community concept)

Friendly human side: (quoting Romain)
<text needed to go in here>

Sorry to be so late with my reply - I had not created a filter for
mageia-marketing and thunderbird had put away all your messages as junk (-