[Mageia-marketing] mgaonline tutorial - reminder and call for assist

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon May 16 22:33:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 22:24, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:
> rda, tv and I will be working together on putting together a tutorial
> to explain mgaonline to mdv users changing over, so a basic
> user-centric not-too-technical explanation of the upgrade process.

I won't be online before Thursday afternoon about this.

First thing is that anyone willing to help gets ones hands unto the
mgaonline notifier and see how it behaves from a 2010.1, 2010.2
Mandriva release (do this in a VM or on a machine with a backup, at
this point).

Second thing is to design a 1/2/3/4 story to guide a user into this
process (from downloading/installing this new mgaonline package, down
to actually upgrading the system).

If you need help about setting this up, please ask on -dev
mailing-list or channel.

Romain