[Mageia-marketing] List of arguments pro Mageia

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon May 30 13:31:40 CEST 2011

Well, what does Mageia have what others do not have?

1. Technically, nothing. We could just copy the Mandriva marketing
phrases about excellent hardware recognition, ease of use, draktools,
etc.

2. Looks: well, pls artwork-team, don't take it personally, but the
look is the very last item I would use to advertize the product. It is
a technical product, which should be described by its technical
features, not by its looks (everybody can make Ubuntu look like Mageia
and vice versa). Back to #1.

What we have other than most distributions in our area: the fact that
it is community based with all related implications. The organisation,
the fact that no commercial management can dictate the way Mageia will
take - the opportunity for the user to be more integrated in the
future of this distribution than anywhere else.

Of course this will only get the attention of people who care for
these points. Others, like those who buy their car on the color of the
carpeting, must be attracted by nice artwork. So, here we really have
the difference between targets.

--
wobo