[Mageia-marketing] List of arguments pro Mageia

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Mon May 30 21:43:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

> (I'm not playing the devil's advocate, just trying to push it
> further)

That's just what I need! a good solid shove on a Monday! 8-)

> a) How can we make this compare to:
>  - Debian
>  - FreeBSD

Balance? The personal is equally important with the technical?

(Debian prides themselves on being merit-driven, but they manage to
be very exclusive - otherwise why would there be a need for
Debian-Women...)

Openness to contribution (maybe not so much)?

Responsibility? We're all responsible for making it good?

> (Fedora, Ubuntu are known to have a mixed community/corporate
> governance) The goal is not yet to know what is better, but to draw
> a map.
>
> b) How can we make this a clear benefit?

I'd have a go if I understood better. What was the motivation of the
Founders, aside from wriggling out from under corporate governance?
What did they see in the future?

> c) And how can we make this an obvious benefit for:
>  - an existing Linux user;
>  - a non-Linux user?

For a non-Linux user, the welcome part will do it - just like it did
for Ubuntu. "You're important to us".

8-) For an existing Linux user, it might be "You're important to us,
so long as you're willing to unlearn some bad habits."

Feedback/input needed!

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D
52.4161N,16.9303E