[Mageia-marketing] Google+ on Planet Mageia

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Wed Apr 4 06:06:52 CEST 2012

On 03/04/12, Bradley D. Thornton typed:
> Sebastian, What I *think* I was able to understand, was your
> suggestion that everything (everything) feeds into indenti.ca, because
> that is the one route with which we can feed that has a path to feed
> all of the other social bookmarking/networking sites. Did I get that
> right? Can you do up a graphical flow chart that demonstrates this
> downstream effect? As MarCom, and if you're correct, we need to be
> able to sell the idea to the council and finalize this news feed
> concept. More than anything. I want to understand it :)
Yep that's basically it, if first send the message from Identica it can
also go to Twitter, and from Twitter some how to Facebook.  If send the
message first from Diaspora to Identica, it can then go to Twitter and
like I said before from Twitter to Facebook some how.

With Identica got to use ! to send to the group
http://identi.ca/group/mageia however Twitter only uses # which would
send to a tag on Identica http://identi.ca/tag/mageia and the Identica
bridge to Twitter automatically converts ! to # when sending the message
to Twitter.

Yes Identica and Diaspora aren't mainstreame social networking sites
such as Twitter and Facebook, however Mageia has a presence there, and
so they should be taken seriously as well and ideally by the whole
Mageia social networking community. Another reason for them to be taken
seriously would be that they are open social networking sites unlike
Twitter and Facebook. Identica has mainly Linux users using the site it
seems, and I think that's the same for Diaspora.

Twitter can't send to Identica directly for example.

Anyway that's a good idea I could do a chart or something like that
later on, trying to explain this stuff as well.

http://status.net/wiki/Twitter

http://kmacphail.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/exporting-diaspora-posts-to-identica.html.

> Actually, the convention is to have everything lower case, since it's an
> URL.
I meant the URL title text's them selves.

 From Sebastian sebsebseb