[Mageia-marketing] Post installation ditty's...

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Thu Apr 5 01:23:30 CEST 2012

On 03/04/12, Bradley D. Thornton typed:

> That having been said, we keep asking ourselves about what sets Mageia
> apart from other distros (IOW, why use Mageia instead of CentOS or
> Fedora, considering that Mageia is 'yet another RPM based distro').
>
> If we all keep asking ourselves this question, and all we get back is
> one little control center app, then that is, operationally, the main
> difference isn't it (Please, flame me on this one, I really want someone
> to take enough offense to this that I hear what makes our distro
> operationally and technologically different enough to compel someone to
> adopt)?

Thing is with the control centre, Mandriva obviously also has a version
of it as well, but also PC Linux OS, Unity Linux, and I think all the
distro's based on Unity Linux.  Unity Linux is more of a distribution
builder than a distro or something like that.

Probably wouldn't take that much for loads of other distro's to have a
version of the control centre as well, it's open source after all.

 From Sebastian sebsebseb