[Mageia-marketing] [Mageia-discuss] Mageia Xen Images

Josh King (dotmil) josh at linuxpunks.com
Fri Apr 6 16:23:44 CEST 2012

On 04/06/2012 01:23 AM, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> Op vrijdag 06 april 2012 06:14:50 schreef Josh King (dotmil):
>> Do Mageia Xen Images exist anywhere yet? I have a company I work closely
>> with who is considering offering them as part of their VPS lineup. But 2
>> questions, first do they exist and second, would there be any demand?
>>
>> Any inputs on either are greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> do you mean dom0 host support? or guest support?
>
> normal kernels should all have guest support, so you can easily install them.
>
> unless you mean some prebuild mageia image files?
>
> i donno if there would be demand, but you can build an image yourself if you
> want.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm looking for guest support, and was hoping
someone had already built one. I have a company that would be wiling to
provide Xen guests for VPS's, but is undermanned and cannot dedicate
resources to building one that could be easily deployed.

While I could go ahead and create a guest, I guess I'm wondering if
there are any special requirements ffor such a guest so it can be
re-used by other hosting companies (hopefully).

Thanks!

--
IRC: dotmil
Skype: linuxpunk1