[Mageia-marketing] Postmortem

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Tue Jun 5 02:53:44 CEST 2012

Hi Seb,

Thanks for your response.

> I am not quiting the team :), I am still around, and still trying to
> help when I can or think I can, but what I think we need to do is try
> and get new people to join the team somehow.

At the moment, we actually have a roster of people that would be plenty
to do the job - it's just that, when push comes to shove, people seem
not to be available to do the things that must be done.

We don't decide, by ourselves, what we want to do as the marcom team;
we're able to make suggestions, and then if the community likes them,
we can go ahead.

But there's a core group of things that must be done, that are our
responsibility, and getting the team to join in getting those things
done is astonishingly really quite hard!

I really do understand that people have lives - I have one myself, and
it's keeping me pretty busy; but if we were to stick to the tasks we
have to do, and just *do* them - using piratepads and the wiki means we
don't even need to be awake at the same time - we would get where we
ought to be for the sake of our lovely distro.

I would really, really appreciate it, if someone other than me would go
to that postmortem page, and actually write something on it. It's not
helpful to write it on the list...

Cheers!

--
Trish Fraser, VVMZ4 91L2V -35.67910, 142.66607
Tue Jun  5 10:47:52 EST 2012