[Mageia-marketing] marcom + artwork + web => atelier ?
rdalverny at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 18:27:01 CEST 2012
Hi everyone, (xposted on -marketing, -artwork and -webteam; if
possible, please follow-up in -marketing)
So here's the plan (actually, that's a suggestion of a plan):
- we make a new team; which role is to think, design, produce and
maintain the identity of the project and its declinations in messages,
graphics, Web and print ;
- this team is named "atelier";
- a new mailing-list is open for that;
- it practically merges responsibilities from artwork, web and marcom teams;
- it integrates roles as diverse as: design, marketing, graphic
research and production, copy writing, web design, integration and
development, curation, etc.
- existing web, marcom and artwork lists are kept for archive, but
locked down and all subscribers are unsubscribed;
- will have a say in whatever happens in this team, only those making
and contributing things (so here, actionable designs, working code,
graphics or copy, etc.); opinions and feedback from others still
welcome, but not enough to move forward;
- external contributions are a true option; that is, one team peer
getting in touch/inviting a professional person to propose and work on
a specific, focused topic, from overall project identity design, down
to a specific production. It only needs to be stated within the team
first so that everyone is in sync;
- formatting our resources so that one-shot contributions from
external people are made easier is a true option too (that means
things easier to grasp, understand and update);
- no more meeting, we plan and do things, and update everyone through
the mailing-list (or other, but asynchronous); so being on IRC is not
a must, just good to have;
- no more than 10 hours a week on Mageia.
- who's going to lead this?
- what's the plan up to Mageia 3? several things at least in several
regards (identity, print, web, distribution), but that will highly
depend on who lead(s) the team.
 ideally, everything that's the public face of Mageia.Org, the
Mageia distribution and the Mageia project should go through this
team; that does not mean that things will not be flexible, but if
there's one place to discuss, document and synchronize all this work,
it's here. That, in turn, requires some responsiveness and initiative
from the team members.
More information about the Mageia-marketing