[Mageia-marketing] [Mageia-artwork] Splash screens ready

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Mon Mar 12 09:22:50 CET 2012

On 03/11/2012 10:33 PM, Esteban Mora wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alfter being treated twice as a guy who can't work in a community I have no
> other choice but to leave the community.

Let me be the first to offer condolences. It especially bothers me since
this isn't the first time we've lost a valuable member in disgust.

I'm quite aware of the quality of your work and the effort you put
forward to the community.

Although I don't know the particulars of what it was that came to pass
and led to your feelings on this matter, your description of the events,
if substantiated, is rather appalling.

It is true, in a community, that there are personalities and ego in
every aspect of its being, perhaps more so in the creative areas.

I don't personally have a care one way or the other between two quality
products from a functional perspective. I don't have to because my focus
is primarily on the operational aspects of the distro - but a good
picture sells that.

It is for that reason that I am astonished we would choose such an
inferior alternative to the product you produced. No amount of so-called
community consciousness can reasonably account for that, but I will
cover those issues separately on the list now that you have unsubscribed.

Thank you for your contributions and please don't come away thinking
anything less of how Mageia is as a quality distro.

Kindest regards,

- --
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services