[Mageia-marketing] [Mageia-artwork] Splash screens ready

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:34:39 CET 2012

Alright, you want to know more reasons? I'll give you more reasons.
See, both teams heard about this bug several weeks ago, and that should
have been sufficient time to come up with a good solution and put it
together in time for the artwork freeze. But that's provided that everybody
actually does some work.
At the time I was going through finals and couldn't really help out (and
then last week I was sick for several days and totally out of commission),
but I saw this as something very important and sacrificed a lot of my time
to try and pull this together. In fact, I sacrificed too much of my time
and my grades suffered. But that was my choice to make and I alone have to
face the consequences.
Now, in the past when there were things that needed doing and deadlines
looming the same thing happened, one person did most or all of the work and
saved the collective asses of his or her teammates.
I was sincerely hoping that we could prevent that from happening again, and
maybe, maybe really work together this time and share the workload. And it
appeared to be working.
And then Esteban showed up with a magical external solution which was very
good, but very bad for the teams.

I did not want the responsibility of artwork team leader, but I had it
thrust upon me due to various circumstances that were beyond my control.
And rather than pass the buck I picked up the gauntlet and faced the
challenge to the best of my abilities and time.
I tried to do what I thought would be best for Mageia in general, and the
artwork team in particular in the long run. If that makes me a dick, fine.
I didn't set out to be a dick and had only the best intentions. I still
think that what I did is better for Mageia, and given the opportunity I
would do it again, but it wouldn't be any easier.
I'm very sorry that Esteban feels this way, that was entirely not my
intention. In fact, I was up for over an hour last night (actually very
early this morning) agonizing over that email, trying my best *not *to
sound like a dick. I guess I failed there.

Now, I am not going to resign in a huff and storm off, because that would
be even worse. I don't know what I will do, but I'm open to suggestions.