[Mageia-marketing] Time zones and Mageia marketing team meetings

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Tue Mar 13 22:41:41 CET 2012

Hi

Some thoughts came to mind and this is me expressing them in a email :):

We have a Mageia marketing team, but yes indeed we are very much so in
different time zones in general it seems.

Trish is currently 11 hours a head of England where I am, not that long
to go now and that will be 9 hours a head instead when the clocks
change. As a result the current time for the meeting which seems to be
8pm GMT/UTC Wednesday will be 5am for Trish.

Bradley is in California, I remember now after asking in another email.
(Plus I saw the time it said his email was sent about getting some sleep
earlier.)  That's 8 hours behind the UK at the moment, however I think
not that long to go now and for two weeks it will be 7 hours instead,
before we change to summer time as well.

Also at the end of the year it seems at the moment USA go forward an
hour before the UK first, because the clocks change first, well the
states that change time which is most of them.

Josh is five hours behind the UK in EST.

I think for a marketing meeting, that either Trish or myself your newly
elected deputy leader must be at the meeting, and then the time and day
can fit in with what the meeting is going to be about and which people
are mainly going to be chatting at the meeting. If other members of the
team can make it as well that's great :).

As for topics for future meetings and relivent  information, I think
that Trish and myself should be in good contact with each other about
this, but also at times with other members of the team.

Marketing team members can also chat in the #mageia-marcom IRC channel
with each other when there isn't a meeting. Or well the #mageia-social
channel that I started as well even.

However in general, and I think Trish would agree with me, that when it
comes to the marketing team, that at the moment it's best to communicate
with each other mainly using the mailing list, with the exception of the
meetings.

What are your thoughts about this message, fellow Mageia marketing team
members?

 From Sebastian sebsebseb