[Mageia-marketing] Installer images - clarity

loqo hoverflydesign at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 01:34:38 CEST 2012

On 28/03/12 01:15, Max Quarterpleen wrote:

>     1) The number of slides to be used
>
> 5

Cool. Just wanted to be clear.

>     2) How long each slide displays for?
>
> Not up to us, that's the scripting. I think maybe a minute?

A very important priority to find this out.

Will it be overall install time divided by 5 - or will the slides loop?

>     3) The word count/limit per slide
>

> Depends on 2.

Finding this number should be really, really high on the To Do list!

>     4) The subject/theme for each slide
>

> What we've been trying to discuss.

Indeed.

>     5) Will content be localised for different languages?
>

> Probably not for Mga2, maybe 3.

Good to know. Thanks! Saves a LOT of work.

>     After this we can work out more detailed text and any image(s) for
>     each slide.
>

> We should start that NOW.

With due respect, how can you paint a house until you build the walls?
You need structure. Hence getting a word limit and overall topic for
each slide first.

You cannot just write words. No writer does this. You start with
structure - theme and word count.

If the limit is 5 big words and 20 smaller words (for example) that
dictates everything we are trying to write. It is pointless to come up
with words without a proper format.

So I'm establishing the order in which this process needs to be tackled,
if we are being professional. A free-for-all over words is not efficient.

If my help is not wanted, I'll step back quietly. Just let me know!

> Also, why start a new thread for this topic?

I'm sorry if this is not correct procedure. I wanted a straight answer
to some points and I'm getting about 100 emails a day on various Mageia
subjects. So I did it for "clarity" as labelled in the subject. This is
a forked sub-subject about organising and I wanted to treat it as such.