[Mageia-sysadm] Puppet Report for valstar.mageia.org

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Dec 10 00:00:11 CET 2010

Le jeudi 09 décembre 2010 à 23:37 +0100, report at valstar.mageia.org a
écrit :
> Thu Dec 09 23:37:50 +0100 2010 /Stage[main]/Buildsystem::Mainnode/Buildsystem::Sshuser[schedbot]/User[schedbot]/comment (err): change from schedbot to System user used to schedule builds failed: Could not set comment on user[schedbot]: Execution of '/usr/sbin/usermod -c System user used to schedule builds schedbot' returned 6: usermod: user 'schedbot' does not exist in /etc/passwd
>
> Thu Dec 09 23:37:50 +0100 2010 /Stage[main]/Buildsystem::Mainnode/Buildsystem::Sshuser[schedbot]/User[schedbot]/shell (err): change from /usr/local/bin/sv_membersh.pl to /bin/bash failed: Could not set shell on user[schedbot]: Execution of '/usr/sbin/usermod -s /bin/bash schedbot' returned 6: usermod: user 'schedbot' does not exist in /etc/passwd
>
> Thu Dec 09 23:37:50 +0100 2010 /Stage[main]/Buildsystem::Mainnode/Buildsystem::Sshuser[schedbot]/Exec[unlockschedbot] (err): Failed to call refresh: usermod -p '*' schedbot returned 6 instead of one of [0] at /etc/puppet/modules/buildsystem/manifests/init.pp:164

This was caused by me trying to solve a problem that blino submitted :

the schedbot user need to write ( and read ) to svn.
So either we add acl in svn ( quite tricky IMHO ),
or we add schedbot to mga-commiters.

But schedbot is user in /etc/passwd, and mga-commiters is in ldap.

The solution that we found was to move schedbot to ldap. Unfortunately,
that's still a manual process ( ie, puppet could do it, but I am not
sure we should push every bot in ldap ).

I tested to just add schedbot to the group in ldap, it didn't work.

So far, schedbot is in ldap and in /etc/passwd.
And we need to find a way to let puppet add it to ldap.