[Mageia-sysadm] Request of mailing lists for i18n language teams

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 24 13:07:27 CET 2010

2010/12/24 Michael scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 12:16:47AM +0100, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>> 2010/12/23 Michael scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
>
>> > Next time, I will ask to write "I will use iso 639 for ml name"
>> > 200 times :/
>>
>> This is no big deal with the right script :)
>
> That's cheatin, santa will not give you presents :p

hehehe, I will play Santa myself today, so no problems to get loads of presents!

>> > za is the TLD of south afrika, afrikaans language is af, according to
>> > wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afrikaans
>>
>> I bookmarked http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes
>
> Technically, I was wrong, it should the ietf language code :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IETF_language_tag
> ( because after trying to understand the 6 iso standard, i still do
> not understand why there is different tag for almost everything )

Déjà vu! Remember the discussion in the early days of Mageia about IRC
channel names?

Well, I let you sort it out while I prepare my beard, the red tent
(called costume), and the standard speech :)

Have a nice holiday season!

--
wobo