[Mageia-sysadm] Packages SVN

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Nov 1 16:25:35 CET 2010

Hello,

To avoid the problem of a growing svn repository full of old tarballs, I
think it is a good time to start using separate repositories for binary
files.

repsys has a branch called "binrepo-svn" with support for separate
binary repositories :
http://git.mandriva.com/?p=projects/repsys.git;a=summary
The README file is interesting :
http://git.mandriva.com/?p=projects/repsys.git;a=blob;f=BRANCH;h=ebb87c7d6d20daa476ed49990b150ac45b02ddf4;hb=binrepo-svn

About packages import, I would not import a copy of Mandriva svn, but
instead do something like this :
  for file in *.src.rpm
  do
    mdvsys import $file
  done
We lose all svn history, but it allows us to have a much smaller
repository (without all the tarballs history), and we can keep a
readonly copy of Mandriva repository somewhere for reference.

What do you think ?

Nicolas