[Mageia-sysadm] Packages SVN

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 08:28:06 CET 2010

On 3 November 2010 07:30, Luca Berra <bluca at vodka.it> wrote:
>> One reason to keep history is that it contains the name of those who
>> worked on the spec, and thus may be required as they have a part of the
>> copyright on the spec files. And therefor, dropping this information may
>> actually be illegal.
>
> This is a real problem, unfortunately we already have it in mandriva
> since packages were imported in svn, losing all cvs history.

err, we still have CVS around (ro).
but it doesn't contain any direct info about who did what since it was
auto commit by the bot on upload.
Though one can retrieve that info from the package changelog.

We also lose the SVN once. We still have the rpm changelog (we didn't
have SILENT back in those days)