[Mageia-sysadm] Packages SVN

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Nov 3 18:05:51 CET 2010

Le mercredi 03 novembre 2010 à 16:39 +0100, Olivier Blin a écrit :
> Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:

> >> Not in the log message, but in the commit contents.
> >
> > If we treat this content like we treat the tarballs, then we could
> > workaround the problem, no ?
>
> How so?

Well, in fact, it depend on what we do not want to include.

For data ( icones, theme, images ), we can simply put them outside of
the svn, like we plan to do for tarballs.

For colors, that's indeed trickier, depending on the way they are
specified. I assume that colors in a patch could indeed be hard to
avoid.

On the other hand, I also think that saying that a C/perl source code is
violating a trademark about color would be a big stretch.

Could we check what is exactly trademarked ?

I have check on http://inpi.fr/ , and it seems that the name is
trademarked, and the logo. Nothing about colors or theme ( even if I
think we should change them for obvious identity related reason ).
( and the name "optango", but this tell me nothing )

I have also checked on
http://www.copat.de/markenformen/mne_markenformen.htm , nothing for
colors and mandriva or mandrakesoft.

The OHIM ( http://oami.europa.eu/ ) also return nothing for Mandriva; so
does the USPTO.

And their FAQ only speak of the star logo :
http://www.mandriva.com/fr/mentions-legales/mentions-legales#graphics

> >> Names, images, themes, colors.
> >> Since there is still no svn obliterate command, this is quite hard to
> >> remove once imported.
> >
> > So this would also mean we will import only after having cleaned the
> > various packages ?
> >
> > This mean then that a review must be started ASAP ( in my humble
> > opinion ).
>
> Yes, I started looking at that back in August, and mentionned this in
> the project chan.
>
> On a minimal install without suggests, I found this files with
> the "mandriva" name: http://pastebin.com/r5fEpUpQ
>
> These are the most obvious to start with.
>
> But we should check with the board if we want to go that far.

Sure. But what is exactly the question :) ?