[Mageia-sysadm] Puppet Report for jonund.mageia.org

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Nov 8 12:30:23 CET 2010

Le lundi 08 novembre 2010 à 11:05 +0100, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2010, Olivier Blin wrote:
>
> > Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:
> >
> > > This one failed because the /home/buildbot/.iurt.cauldron.conf file
> > > cannot be created, because /home/buildbot do not exist.
> >
> > We should add the user in some ldap, and create the homedir
> > automatically.
> > How can we do that?
>
> As this user is only used on build nodes, do we need to have it in ldap,
> or a local user would be enough ? Maybe we can instead create this user
> and homedir using puppet ?

Do we need to have synced uid ?
If no, then puppet would be enough.

If yes, then it would be cleaner imho to have them in ldap.

And having it in ldap would however prevent someone from taking this uid
using catdap.

( which remind me that we may have to create some kind of blacklist for
that in the software ).