[Mageia-sysadm] Question about Sympa

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Tue Nov 9 01:41:48 CET 2010

* Dexter Morgan (dmorganec at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in alamut we have sympa 6.0.2, the last version is 6.1.x and contains
> in its changelog "WE STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU TO UPGRADE ANY PREVIOUS
> VERSION TO 6.1.1"
> There is a lot of changes and they looks interesting (
> http://www.sympa.org/distribution/latest-stable/NEWS ).
>
> What do you think about this ? do we only update our sympa to last
> 6.0.x version or do we switch to sympa 6.1.x ?

I don't have a rule that work all the time about this.

The main question is "what would we update and what is the cost ?".

By cost understand: the time to backport it, the problem this new
version can cause and will we be affected by potentials bug fixed by
this version.

In doubt, do nothing,  it will still be time to upgrade later.