[Mageia-sysadm] Groups, and UID ranges

Buchan Milne bgmilne at multilinks.com
Tue Nov 9 14:31:27 CET 2010

On Tuesday, 9 November 2010 07:54:45 Luca Berra wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 04:53:04PM +0100, Buchan Milne wrote:
> >I will try and work on the ACLs later today, and ensure we are ready to
> >point applications and nss/pam at LDAP soon.
>
> btw, are we going with padl or ldapd ?

For now, nss_ldap, maybe +nscd (to avoid symbol issues).

In future, maybe ldapd, slapd+nssov, or sssd may be better options. But, in my
current environments, nss_ldap usually isn't a problem (but nscd is, when it
sometimes manages to forget local accounts!).

However, I have seen too many people with ldapd problems, and I am not sure
all features we may want (e.g. SASL GSSAPI support) is available ... but
again, I haven't tested it that much.

Regards,
Buchan