[Mageia-sysadm] [241] Add a module to construct files from fragments.

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Nov 15 12:46:15 CET 2010

Le lundi 15 novembre 2010 à 07:40 +0100, Olivier Blin a écrit :
> Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:
>
> > I would also suggest that we switch to git in the future to use git
> > submodule as the puppet community is very git oriented, but this is
> > clearly not a priority since I susepct that not everybody know git and
> > since we lack proper git hooks to check everything before commit.
>
> Isn't .git/hooks/pre-commit enough?

My understanding was that pre-commit is indeed what we would want, but
it is run on the local computer before commit, not on the server, and so
that would cause various deployment issues.

What I wanted to have is a centralized check on the server where
everybody push the commit, and that was slightly more complex ( with
pre-receive and post-receive ).