[Mageia-sysadm] Main tasks for the next days

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 09:01:55 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 00:55, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> Le mardi 16 novembre 2010 à 00:12 +0100, nicolas vigier a écrit :
>> [...]
>>  * the configuration of sympa mailing lists server using LDAP for users
>>    authentication
>
> We didn't really discussed how and what we will use ldap and sympa for,
> and that we setup without thinking first about the full picture.
>
> Ie, if sympa use ldap for authentication, does that mean that people
> will be forced to use identity to subscribe ?
> How would it goes for moderation ?
> How would they do for subscription ?

I think that we must have two separate ways to:
 - identify someone is a member of a team
 - identify someone is subscribed to a team mailing-list

because someone may want to follow team activity, without being
formally involved in it.

So whether we manage both in LDAP or only team-membership (and leave
mailing-list subscription management to sympa alone), I don't know.

> There is lots of topic that we didn't really discussed about ML setup
> like :
>  - list moderation policy

Do you have an example of such a policy?

>  - archiving

Not sure it makes for all, but, subscriptions to public ml should
state that all communications on these lists are archived.

>  - migration from the old server ( especially for archives migrations )

I don't know if we can import Mailman archives into Sympa ones. If
not, maybe we should just copy plain archives into a specific place
and put redirection rules for existing ones.

>  - setting a proper spam filter, with greylisting and sympa integration

How is it managed at this time with Mailman? Can't this be done after
Sympa production setup?

>  - web interface setup and requirement

Isn't a sympa vanilla install correct for that?

>>  * we will import a copy of the Mandriva soft/ repository as
>>    svn.mageia.org/soft-cleaning, and will use this repository to clean
>>    all projects. Each project when ready will be imported in the new
>>    soft/ repository (when the new organisation has been decided). The
>>    soft-cleaning repository will only be used to do the cleaning work
>>    and will be erased when finished.
>
> Without history ?

Without svn history, this what I thought we agreed on yesterday
(checking http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-meeting/2010/mageia-meeting.2010-11-15-19.36.html
it is).

> Because there is software that do not requires cleaning ( like mdvsys or
> some software that were fully created by the community ).

Not related, but isn't this a supplementary reason to have a separate
SVN repository for each project, and not a single one for soft/ (as it
is today)?

Cheers,

Romain