[Mageia-sysadm] something to not forget in case of svn import

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 11:10:24 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 03:35, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

> I just realized something :
> if we do import svn from mandriva, we need somehow to keep the same
> login, or we will end up with some confusion ( and copyright
> misattribution, I fear ).
>
> For example, dams at mageia is not the same than dams at mandriva, to
> name the first case that will likely cause trouble :/

It's the same physical person here, so the same author. Only the
context has changed (he's not employed by the same entity).

The trouble would be that someone else uses the same "dams" username.

Moreover, copyright attribution is time-specific. So what happened to
code written/committed by dams before 2010 Sept. is authored by him
and copyright exercise right is attributed to Mandriva. Code
written/committed by dams after 2010 Sept. is his only (unless a new
employer requires copyright attribution through contract).

So I don't see a specific issue here or I did not understand it?

> So, how could we do ?
> ( I think we could rename upon import, I guess ).

We can do that? (reattributing to dams at mandriva for "old" dams)

Romain