[Mageia-sysadm] presentations

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Oct 6 18:31:36 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 06 octobre 2010 à 15:52 +0100, Colin Guthrie a écrit :

> PS Can the reply-to for this list be set to the list address please?

Done

FYI, I am in favor of changing from mailman to sympa ( because mailman
default are annoying, and because sympa can get users from ldap, which
seems to be a big win in the long run ).

And I would also like to make this list public ( albeit with restricted
posting for us ). Public because :
- we want to promote openess
- we can refer to our discussions to others groups this way
- people who will join the team later will be able to see how we work
before joining
- people will ( I hope ) not ask us news when they can have the same
level of access than us to the information
- we can use a external search engine to find our discussions
- we will not appear like cabal
- and others sysadmins groups ( for other projects ) could get
information from us, which could help them to setup their own projects

I see however some downsides :
- we cannot discuss confidential or private matters ( like people real
name, security incident if there is a embargo )
- we should take care of not telling too much about us ( example : "i am
gone in holiday for 3 weeks, come and rob my house" )

WDYT ?