[Mageia-sysadm] irc channel, and some guideline for coordination

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Oct 26 18:11:05 CEST 2010

Le mardi 26 octobre 2010 à 17:57 +0200, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :

> > And I also forgot, I have activated a logging bot I have prepared
> > before, ( Muet_d_hiver, Wintermute translated in french ). It is based
> > on supybot ( like the meetbot instance in #mageia-meeting ) and for now,
> > it just log in some directories.
> >
> > But I was planning to put the log in a website, as there is likely some
> > people who do not use screen/tmux + irssi/etc and therefore will miss
> > some discussions ( for example, rda, or member of the webteam, or
> > severine, or people outside mageia like gradator ), and it is also
> > easier to reference.
>
> Ok for me. If we could add an action into it so that it could
> highlight points of discussions (a bit like meetbot, but without the
> session open/close. Not sure if this is clear, I'll try to draft it
> otherwise.

I can understand what you mean, but I fear this would requires a supybot
patch, or a custom plugin, a custom bot.
( note that I used supybot just because it was installed and as a test,
and writing irc bot is so trivial that I wrote so far 2 in python, 1 in
ruby, 2 in perl and 1 in perl 6, and that people wrote irc bot in every
language I have searched, from x86 asm to php ).

But yes, drafting a set of requirement would be good :

- produce webpage output, one for each day
  - with a css / templates ?
  - who can be read easyly ( ie different color for different people )
  - with proper anchor support ( so link to the web page can be given )
- produce text output
- possible to stop logging ( with a prefix like supybot does )

( and the usual "not written in some obscure dialect mixig cobol and
fortran", "not taking 3g of ram", etc ).

But this is not the priority for the moment