[Mageia-sysadm] Setting up primary mirror

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Wed Oct 27 02:51:01 CEST 2010

Hi,

A summary of this long evening.

We have to start anyway, so I started on valstar.

I did setup the mirror tree here:
/distrib/mirror
on a logical volume (distrib) of 1GB mount here:
/distrib

This tree can be modified in several ways: mount -o bind, ln -s, change
directory name...

With misc's help I commit everything to allow valstar to be primary
mirror:
- a dedicated user "mirror" for the global tree, currently in
  /etc/passwd but I think this user must go into ldap for nfs share. If
uid need to be changed, no problem, I'll chown everything. Also if Bs
have its own user, this is not a problem to chown some part of the tree.
- rsyncd config, setup from puppet (rsyncd.conf, xinetd)
- a cron job to update time_stamp file (this file allow to check how a
  mirror is updated).

At time haven't changed the CNAME to point rsync.mageia.org on valstar,
but the setup is ready.

Comments welcome of course.

Regards.

--