[Mageia-sysadm] SQL Server

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Oct 29 14:17:11 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 29 octobre 2010 à 13:56 +0200, Damien Lallement a écrit :
> Le 28/10/2010 19:02, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> > We will need an SQL server for bugzilla, the packages maintainers
> > database, the wiki, the blogs, the mageia.org website (not now, but
> > maybe later), sympa mailing lists, transifex, and maybe others tools
> > later.
> >
> > We can use MySQL (or forks), PostreSQL, or both.
> >
> > One server for everything, or multiple servers.
> >
> > Any ideas about this ?
>
> The SQL Server won't be used for blogs as blogs will be hosted on Gandi.
> So not on the same network.
> Perf will be quite bad if WP is on Gandi but BDD on alamut I think...

While I agree, I wonder how bad the performance hit will be in practice,
in fact.
Maybe we could later make a small test blog to see.
And the reason of using gandi was also the separation of servers, so a
downtime of alamut do not impact the blog and www.

> Same thing for the BDD for www no?
>
> But perhaps we can dump SQL on Gandi and save it on alamut for security
> reasons.

We need a sql server for epoll, for bugzilla, for maintainers db, for
transifex and for sympa ( for the first software ).