[Mageia-sysadm] update of qemu on rabbit

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Apr 5 11:55:39 CEST 2011

> Hi,
>
> as i wanted to add pxe support to our libvirt installation, I stumbled
> on this bug : http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=575628
>
> In short, we should push a new version of qemu on rabbit for that. I
> guess i will do it once beta 1 is out.

I fixed qemu for Mandriva, and also built libvirt with the patch required for qemu 0.14[1] and with netcf support.

With these updates on my Mandriva x86_64 box I was able to PXE-boot a VM to do an installation (and configure the bridging from virt-manager).

Unfortunately there was a lot of waiting to get that into Mandriva, and I haven't had time to do it on Mageia.

1. http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/libvirt/current/SOURCES/libvirt-qemu-0.14-fix-booton.patch?revision=648511&view=markup

Regards,
Buchan