[Mageia-sysadm] Beta 1 on the mirror

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Apr 5 18:49:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

like last time, i was the lucky guy who had to push stuff on the mirror.

So, this time, I didn't stop rsync :

on rabbit :
copy all iso in a single directory inside screen, using scp :
scp */* root at valstar.mageia.org:/distrib/new_isos/

on valstar :
- check md5

 cd /distrib
 mv mirror/iso/cauldron/ old_isos/1/alpha2/
 mv new_isos/ mirror/iso/cauldron/
 chown mirror:mirror mirror/iso/cauldron/

and that's all ( yes, that's less impressive when there is less
commands ).

So what is left to do :
- warn mirrors people on mirrors announce ( after asking them to
subscribe , I guess, so we should keep that in mind for next time  )

- the announce ( which is being prepared at the moment  )

- write documentation about it :)