[Mageia-sysadm] multiple builds on each nodes

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Sat Apr 9 16:55:43 CEST 2011

Hello,

ulri is now running two builds on each node at the same time.

This improve a lot the average time to have a package built, when a big
package like libreoffice is in the queue.

However I don't know what happens with many smaller packages in the
queue. To make sure it is still acceptable, we should do a benchmark.

So I propose to make a list of 20 packages that we rebuild, with one
build on each node, and again with two builds on each node. And compare
the time it took to build all packages, in each case.

I plan to do this tonight, when build of libreoffice is finished.