[Mageia-sysadm] Users authentication on forums

Raphaël Jadot ashledombos at hodo.fr
Mon Apr 11 17:04:08 CEST 2011

2011/4/11 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:

> Login form looks like this :
> http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=91989
> We would need to modify it to remove Username/Password. Replace "OpenID"
> with "Mageia login" and automatically use Mageia OpenID server with the
> login entered. So that each account on the forum is still linked to a
> Mageia account.
>
> What do you think ?

Hello, even though I can't have a technical answer as I did not really
look at Mageia authentication system (Blingme is certainly the right
person), I like the idea of using OpenID
However, if an openid is linked to a ldap account, i think having a
mageia openID has to be optional (the concept of openID is to be
decentralized).
In return, a mageia OpenID can also be used in other websites using
openID authentication.

--
RJ