[Mageia-sysadm] New hardware for mageia servers

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Apr 15 01:11:39 CEST 2011

Hello,

In order to see with board/council what hardware is possible to buy, we
need to make a list of all the things we need. There is also some people
that told us they could maybe give us servers, but we need to tell them
what we need.

So I think we currently need this :

- a backup server: this server does not need to be very fast, but we
  need to be able to put a lot of disks inside. With redundant power
  supply. This is were we would backup data from all other servers.
- New disks to add in build nodes, to have better IO when running
  multiple build on each node. I think each disk would cost around 50
  euros.
- ARM build nodes: misc said he can provide a pandaboard. Maybe we need
  to add a disk if it doesn't have one. And a second ARM build node would
  be nice, for instance an OpenRD (230 euros + shipping)
- and if possible, one or two fast servers to provide VMs for packagers
  to test builds

Do you see something else ? Or other details/comments about what we need ?